Magical Images of Magnified Sand

I recently saw a photo on my Facebook page of magnified sand grains that looked unbelievable. I immediately did some internet research and found that the images weren't photoshopped or created from nothing. They are real photos of real beach sand. The photos are amazing and beautiful. They also reinforce for me the notion that people are really just a spec of carbon in the grand universe we call home.

Dr Gary Greenberg is the artist and scientists who took these photos. He started as a photographer and then did work on cancer research, got a PhD in biomedical research and then invented the camera that could take pictures like this. 
No matter how much I learn and how much I see, I'll never tire of learning more amazing things about this planet. It really is a marvelous little rock in space. 


Comments

Popular Posts