Adventures of Traveling with Luna

I am currently sitting in a cafe in Jackson, WY enjoying the last gasp of internet access and cellphone service I'll have for the next 9 days while I do some work for the National Park Service. I'm staying at Flagg Ranch which is situated between Yellowstone and Teton National Parks. No TV, no internet, no cellphones. Just like the good old days! It is amazing how quickly I became accustom to these services. I got a cell phone only 5 years ago as I am a late adopter of most technology. Only got my laptop because of my status as a grad student. And now I find myself wondering what I'll do without them!

Of course I was also looking forward to this break from technology and connections. I'll be working 9 hour days and have plenty of other time to enjoy the area. I can do some reading, crochet, get some work on my research done, and of course walk with Luna in the woods...

But if you will glance back up to the first sentence, I am sitting in Jackson, WY and obvioulsy have interent access. Well, after a 12 hour drive from Idaho and six hours of sleep, I was awoken by the sound of Luna's ears flapping against her head. Over. and Over. and Over. Seems she's got something lodged in her ear and it is causing problems. Thankfully today is my one day with some flexibility so I could find a vet and get her cared for on short notice. While she is at the vet waiting for an available Dr. to look at her, I am at a cafe writing.

The funny thing is that when I realized she needed to see a vet I couldn't figure out how to find one. No internet to search for one. No cell phone to call information. Oh wait! The phonebook! The drive was beautiful but I couldn't stop.

Comments

Popular Posts