My Puppy the Penguin

UPDATE: The video has been fixed 

My lovely dog Luna is a very active happy pup. Sometimes I think she is part cheetah, part kangaroo, part pig, and part penguin. Which doesn't leave much room for the labrador retriever. She is faster than all the other dogs she meets, she can do a vertical jump up to 5 feet, she loves to roll around in the mud and she absolutely loves snow. I first discovered her love of snow a couple years ago while at my friends farm. We were traipsing through the fields and the snow was quite deep and there was a steep hill ahead of us. Luna and my friends' dogs were just running about having fun but when we got to the steep hill, Luna laid down and slid down the hill on her belly head first, ran up to the top of the hill and did it again. From that moment on I always took her out to play in the deep snow. She shows such exuberant joy in flopping and sliding around in the snow.
This video is from last year but is the best one I've gotten yet. The dog barking in the background is Lana, a white German shepherd that my friend was fostering. This is one of Luna's favorite places to visit. Lots of land to run around free, her best buddies to play with and her auntie Erin who spoils her rotten. Life is good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts