Hunting Dogs Start as Puppies

You can't go wrong by putting puppy pictures on your blog. So here they are...




Russ and I are working with a breeder in southern Idaho that raises and trains hunting labs. The puppies were born on December 7th and we can take our girl home on about February 15th. I am not sure if this cute little pup is the girl we are adopting but the photos give me warm fuzzies!

We decided to get a hunting dog as soon as we had our own home. That happened in September when we bought our 9 acre farm. So we researched and found a reputable breeder/trainer. One of the selling points of this breeder was that they do some early training of the pups so that they are not gun-shy and are familiar with other hunting tasks.

We chose a Labrador retriever because they are said to be one of the easier dogs to train and seeing as how neither of us has trained a hunting dog, we thought we should start slow. This will actually be the first dog I've ever owned and am getting excited. I hope the kitties we have get along well with the new puppy. We've got a lot of fun and excitement headed our way!

Comments

  1. oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy....
    :)

    Very cute...and Labs are such great dogs. My sis and her golden lab, Bo, are a Type 1 FEMA Certified Urban Search and Rescue team. Lots of training with THAT too!

    Here's pictures of Bo enjoying her first chewy stick and thoroughly ignoring me while I was testing my macro on my new camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..love the pics. Can't go wrong with a close up of a wet puppy nose! I suspect i'll be posting more as we train her and she trains us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts