Nature can be Weird!

Here are a few links to cool stories about strange or weird animals and plants. My Dad sent these to me and sometimes I wonder how he finds these things. I a grateful he's checking the web for fun things to pass on. Nature Rocks!

Bird Sings Through Wings - video of this little bird using wings to lure a mate
Vegetarian Spiders - jumping spiders that eat acacia buds are the only known spider (out of 40,000+) to eat plant material
Giant Orb Web Spider - Some of the most beautiful spiders are orb weavers and this one is HUGE and spins a giant web too!
13,000 Year Old Tree - I bet we eventually find even older living plants on the earth.
Turtle Farts Cause Problems - Yes it's true, farting turtles have been enough of a problem to make it into the news. Of course they can't say "pull my finger" but they are still a bit of a nuisance to those that care for them.

Comments

  1. Turtle farts...heh.
    Turtle farts...hahahaha.
    Turtle farts...BWAHHAHAHAHAHA!
    Thought Brussels sprouts only had that effect on me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts